HP StorageWorks MSA P2000 G3 3.5" 10GbE SAN Storage Array
The HP P2000 G3 10GbE iSCSI modular smart array is an affordable entry-level network storage array for the SMB looking to take that next step toward high speed shared storage, or the enterprise that requires departmental or remote storage requirements. The true value of the 10GbE iSCSI unit is that it allows for the opportunity to leverage Ethernet to support high speed storage requirements, thus keeping storage network costs low. Aventis Systems offers the P2000 G3 10GbE iSCSI with redundant controllers, each with two SFP+ 10GbE iSCSI ports and 2GB transportable read/write cache per controller, as well as 64 controller-based snapshots and clone capability as standard features. The HP P2000 G3 is also easily managed through the browser-based GUI, allowing you to quickly and easily manage growing storage requirements.
The controllers offer a wide array of RAID options and provide support for up to 64 host servers, and up to 512 LUNs, with a max LUN size of 64TB. The P2000 G3 can be configured with up to 12 large form factor or 24 small form factor SAS or solid state drives in the primary chassis, and can be expanded with up to seven P2000 dual I/O large form factor enclosures (12 drive bays, 96 max drives), five D2700 small form factor enclosures (25 drive bays, 149 max drives), or a mix of both.
Wondering if the HP P2000 10GbE iSCSI 3.5” Bay SAN (Storage Area Network) array is right for your business continuity and budget? Check out our Survival Guide: Avoiding A Data Apocalypse today!
- Chassis: 2U Rackmount
Drives and Capacity:
- Drives: Up to 12, 3.5” SAS, SATA or Nearline SAS hard drives or SSDs
- Maximum Capacity (Per Enclosure): 48TB
- Maximum Throughput: 6Gb/s
- Expansion Capabilities: Support for up to 7 additional P2000 LFF drive enclosures for 96 LFF 3.5” disks, or up to 5 additional SFF enclosures (D2700) for a total of 149 SFF 2.5” disks
- Supports up to 64 hosts with iSCSI 10GbE
- I/O Modules: Dual (2) Redundant Dual-Port 10GbE iSCSI Controllers w/2GB Cache
- RAID Levels: 0, 1, 3, 5, 6, 10, 50
Back-Panel Connectors (per I/O Module):
- Host Connectivity: 2 x 10GbE iSCSI ports
- Expansion Connectivity: SAS (SFF8088) 4x lane 6Gb SAS
- Power Supply: Dual (2) redundant power supplies standard