Dell PowerVault MD3600f FC SAN Storage Arrays
The 2U Dell PowerVault MD3600f 8Gb fibre channel storage array offers high availability, high performance and business continuity without sacrificing ease of use and reliability. As part of the PowerVault MD3 fibre channel array series, the MD3600f is perfect for businesses that require peak performance and data security while consolidating their storage. Aventis Systems carries the MD3600f with up to twelve 3.5” SAS or nearline SAS hard drives. Our MD3600f’s include a single quad-port 8Gb fiber channel controller with 2GB flash memory battery-backed cache. An optional upgrade to dual redundant fiber channel controllers is available for a total of 4GB cache and support for an active-active mirrored environment. Each controller includes a 6Gb/s SAS Out port for expansion up to 192 drives with the
MD1200 and MD1220 enclosures. Controller features include dynamic disk pools (DDP) to eliminate the need for complex RAID management while optimizing data protection. Other standard features included with the MD3600f include vCenter Plug-in, VMware vStorage APIs for Array Integration support, vStorage API for Storage Awareness, active-active LUN access, Sight Recover Manager, self encrypting drives and thin provisioning. Please browse our selection of PowerVault MD3600f 8Gb FC SAN models below.
Curious if the Dell PowerVault MD3600f SAN (Storage Area Network) Fiber Channel array is right for your business continuity and budget? Check out our Survival Guide: Avoiding A Data Apocalypse today!
Chassis: 2U Rackmount
Drives and Capacity:
- Drives: Up to 12, 3.5” SAS or near-line SAS hot-pluggable hard disk drives and SSDs
- Maximum Capacity (Per Enclosure): 48TB
- Maximum Throughput: 6Gb/s
- Expansion Capabilities: Expand up to a base of 120 hard drives with an optional Premium Feature Key to scale up to 192 total drives using MD1220 and/or MD1200 expansion enclosures
- Single Controller Models: Supports up to 4 servers directly connected or up to 64 servers when configured with an Fibre Channel switch
- Dual Controller Models: Supports up to 8 servers directly connected or up to 64 servers when configured with Fibre Channel switches
Back-Panel Connectors (per Controller):
- Storage Controllers: 2GB of battery-backed cache per controller; dual controllers operate in an active-active environment mirroring each other’s cache; cache protection is provided via flash memory for permanent data protection
- RAID Levels: RAID levels 0, 1, 5, 6, 10 supported; Up to 512 virtual disks; Up to 192 physical disks per group in RAID 0, 1, 10; up to 30 physical disks per group in RAID 5, 6
Power Supply: Dual (2) redundant power supplies standard
- Host Connectivity: Four 8Gb/s SFP ports per controller (compliant with FC-FS2, FC-PI-2, FC-AL-2, FCP, FC-LS2, FC-PH-3)
- Expansion Connectivity: One x4 6Gb SAS (SFF8088 mini connector)
- Remote Management: One RJ-45 1Gb Ethernet
- Service Management: One PS/2 Serial
If you are looking for the same robust features and 8Gb fiber channel technology with 2.5” hard drive options, please check out our MD3620f’s with up to twenty-four 2.5” hard drives. Can’t find what you’re looking for? Have a question? We are happy to help! Please use our Live Chat
or call us at 1.855.AVENTIS (283.6847) during regular business hours, or email us at
Sales@AventisSystems.com for a custom quote.