HP StorageWorks MSA 2012FC SAN Storage Array
The HP StorageWorks MSA2012fc is a 2U 4Gb/s fibre channel SAN purpose built to provide the SMB with entry level SAN storage at an affordable price. The MSA2012fc holds up to 12 large form factor SAS or SATA drives with a max capacity of 24TB in the base unit. The MSA2012fc can be expanded with up to three MSA2000 dual I/O enclosures for a max capacity of 96TB. The dual controller MSA2012fc has two 4Gb/s fibre channel ports per controller, each with 1GB transportable cache and can support up to 64 hosts with support for 256 LUNs and LUN sizes up to 16TB. RAID levels include 0, 1, 3, 5, 6, 10, 50 to provide a wide array of options to protect data and enhance performance.
Wondering if the HP StorageWorks MSA2012fc SAN (Storage Area Network) Fibre Channel array is right for your business continuity and budget? Check out our Survival Guide: Avoiding A Data Apocalypse today!
- Chassis: 2U Rackmount
Drives and Capacity:
- Drives: Up to 12, 3.5” SAS, SATA or Nearline SAS hard drives or SSDs
- Maximum Capacity (Per Enclosure): 24TB
- Maximum Throughput: 3Gb/s
- Expansion Capabilities: Daisy-chain up 4 disk enclosures MSA2000 12-bay drive enclosures for a total of 48 drives
- Supports up to 64 hosts with 4Gb Fibre Channel
- I/O Modules: Dual (2) Redundant Dual-Port 4Gb Fibre Channel Controllers w/1GB Cache
- RAID Levels: 0, 1, 3, 5, 6, 10, 50
Back-Panel Connectors (per I/O Module):
- Host Connectivity: 2 x 4Gb Fibre Channel ports
- Expansion Connectivity: One 4X SAS connector (SFF8470) 3Gb SAS
- Power Supply: Dual (2) redundant power supplies standard