HP StorageWorks MSA P2000 G3 3.5" FC/ISCSI Storage Arrays
The HP P2000 G3 8GB FC/1GB iSCSI Combo modular smart array is an affordable entry-level network storage array for the SMB looking to take that next step toward shared storage, or the enterprise that requires departmental or remote storage requirements. The primary value of the combo unit is that it provides the flexibility to share the same storage resources between servers requiring the speed of 8GB fibre, as well as those that can access it over 1GB iSCSI. This option allows you to consolidate and centralize your storage, while minimizing fibre network costs. The HP P2000 G3 is also easily managed through the browser-based GUI, allowing you to quickly and easily manage growing storage requirements.
Aventis Systems offers the P2000 G3 8GB FC/1GB iSCSI Combo with redundant controllers, each with two 8GB fibre channel ports, as well as two 1GB RJ-45 iSCSI ports and 2GB transportable read/write cache per controller. Every P2000 G3 comes standard with 64 controller-based snapshots and clone capability as well. The controllers offer a wide array of RAID options and provide support for up to 64 host servers, and up to 512 LUNs, with a max LUN size of 64TB. The P2000 G3 LFF can be configured with up to 12 large form factor SAS or solid state drives in the primary chassis, and can be expanded with up to seven P2000 dual I/O large form factor enclosures (12 drive bays, 96 max drives), five D2700 small form factor enclosures (25 drive bays, 149 max drives), or a mix of both.
Wondering if the HP StorageWorks P2000 G3 3.5” Bay (Storage Area Network) iSCSI Fibre Channel Combo array is right for your business continuity and budget? Check out our Survival Guide: Avoiding A Data Apocalypse today!
- Chassis: 2U Rackmount
Drives and Capacity:
- Drives: Up to 12, 3.5” SAS, SATA or Nearline SAS hard drives or SSDs
- Maximum Capacity (Per Enclosure): 48TB
- Maximum Throughput: 6Gb/s
- Expansion Capabilities: Support for up to 7 additional P2000 LFF drive enclosures for 96 LFF 3.5” disks, or up to 5 additional SFF enclosures (D2700) for a total of 149 SFF 2.5” disks
- Enclosure Management:
- I/O Modules: Dual (2) Redundant Controllers with 2 x 8Gb and 2 x 1Gb iSCSI Ports per Controller. 2GB Cache per Controller
- RAID Levels: 0, 1, 3, 5, 6, 10, 50
Back-Panel Connectors (per I/O Module):
- Host Connectivity: 2 x 8Gb Fibre Channel and 2 x 1GbE iSCSI ports
- Expansion Connectivity: SAS (SFF8088) 4x lane 6Gb SAS
- Power Supply: Dual (2) redundant power supplies standard