Dell PowerVault MD3400 SAS SAN Storage Arrays
Aventis Systems carries all your Dell storage solutions! Dell’s varied enterprise storage systems provide customizable data storage options to businesses large and small. Their robust line of versatile, scalable, and value-driven storage options makes it simple to expand your data storage capacity as the needs of your business grow. Data is your business’s single greatest asset. Protect your data while keeping it easily within reach with fully customizable data solutions from Dell and Aventis Systems!
The Dell PowerVault MD3400 storage array is a 12Gb serial-attached SCSI (SAS) array offering maximum SAS connectivity for consolidation efforts that require simplified high performance, high availability and reliability that your SMB can count on. Offering twice the throughput connectivity over previous generation PowerVault MD3 array series SANs and up to 16Gb cache, the Dell MD3400 is ideal for demanding workloads like VMware or Hyper V virtualization. Unlike fiber channel or iSCSI san solutions, the direct-attached MD3400 SAS array can connect to up to 8 host servers in single path mode or up to 4 servers in high availability mode, without the need for expensive switches. Simplify and fortify your data storage today with Dell PowerVault storage. Click customize below to build your own custom storage array, or add to cart to buy your Dell PowerVault storage array today!
Curious if the Dell PowerVault MD3400 SAN (Storage Area Network) SAS array is right for your business continuity and budget? Check out our Survival Guide: Avoiding A Data Apocalypse today!
Chassis: 2U Rackmount
Drives and Capacity:
- Drives: Up to 12, 3.5” SAS or near-line SAS hot-pluggable hard disk drives
- Maximum Capacity (Per Enclosure): 96TB
- Maximum Throughput: 12Gb/s
- Expansion Capabilities: Expand up to 192 drives with MD1200/MD1220 expansion enclosures
- Dual Controller Models: Supports up to 4 servers in an high-availability configuration or 8 servers directly connected in a non-high-availability configuration
Back-Panel Connectors (per Controller):
- Storage Controllers: 4GB standard and up to 8GB optional of battery-backed cache; dual controllers operate in an active-active environment mirroring each other’s cache; cache protection is provided via flash memory for permanent data protection
- RAID Levels: RAID levels 0, 1, 5, 6, 10 supported; Up to 512 virtual disks; up to 192 physical disks per group in RAID 0, 1, 10; up to 30 physical disks per group in RAID 5, 6
Power Supply: Dual (2) redundant power supplies standard
- Host Connectivity: Four 12Gb SAS
- Expansion Connectivity: One 6Gb SAS
- Remote Management: One RJ-45 1Gb Ethernet