Dell PowerVault MD1120 DAS Storage Units
The Dell PowerVault MD1120 direct attached storage (DAS) enclosure is a 3Gb/s SAS modular disk storage expansion enclosure for users looking to support growing e-mail, backup to disk, video streaming and other capacity intensive applications. With support for both high performance SAS and high-capacity economical SATA drives, the MD1120 is an excellent choice for tiered storage.
The PowerVault MD1120 is also highly scalable, with capacity of up to 24TB per enclosure, and the ability to daisy chain up to 6 enclosures per PERC 6/E (3 enclosures per port, single path) or up to 3 enclosures per PERC 6/E with redundancy for increased fault tolerance (3 enclosures connected to both ports via redundant path cabling). The MD1120 is also capable of splitting between 2 hosts, providing storage economy for smaller environments.
Not sure if Dell PowerVault MD1120 Direct Attached Storage (DAS) systems are best for your business continuity and budget? Check out our Survival Guide: Avoiding A Data Apocalypse today!
- Chassis: 2U Rackmount
Drives and Capacity:
- Drives: Up to 24, 2.5” SAS, SATA, Nearline SAS or SSDs
- Maximum Capacity (Per Enclosure): 48TB
- Maximum Throughput: 6Gb/s
- Expansion Capabilities: Scale up to 6 enclosures, 3 per RAID Port (Dual-Port PERC 6/E)
- Unified Mode: Direct connectivity to all 24 disk drives per enclosure and supports daisy chaining up to 3 enclosures
- Split-Mode/Dual-Host Access: Direct connectivity for one host to drives 0 to 11, and separate connectivity to drives 12 to 23
- Enclosure Management Modules (EMM): Dual (2) hot-pluggable management modules standard
- RAID Levels: PERC 6/E supports RAID levels 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, 60; Up to 30 physical disks per group; up to 64 virtual disks per controller
Back-Panel Connectors (per EMM):
- Host Connectivity: One x4 3GB SAS (SFF 8470)
- Expansion Connectivity: One x4 3GB SAS (SFF 8470)
- Service Management: One 6-pin UART mini-DIN connector
- Power Supply: Dual (2) redundant power supplies standard