Dell PowerVault MD1000 DAS Storage Arrays
The Dell PowerVault MD1000 is a 3GB/s SAS modular disk storage expansion enclosure for PowerEdge servers, capable of housing up to fifteen (15) 3.5-inch disk drives in a single 3U rackable chassis. The direct-attached storage enclosure supports both Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) and Serial ATA (SATA) disk drives to give customers extensive configuration and optimization flexibility. When used in combination with a host-based Dell PowerEdge RAID controller (PERC) or a PowerVault MD3000/MD3000i internal RAID array, the modular enclosure can be daisy chained for scaling disk performance and capacity.
Alternatively, the enclosure’s disk drives can be split between two servers with up to eight drives assigned to one server and up to seven drives assigned to a second server. The versatility of the PowerVault MD1000 enables you to configure the specific combination of storage resources you need now, and add more storage volume later, while ensuring life-cycle and usability of your hardware for the long-term.
Not sure if Dell PowerVault MD1000 Direct Attached Storage (DAS) systems are best for your business continuity and budget? Check out our Survival Guide: Avoiding A Data Apocalypse today!
- Chassis: 3U Rackmount
Drives and Capacity:
- Drives: Up to 15, 3.5” SAS, SATA, Nearline SAS or SSDs
- Maximum Capacity (Per Enclosure): 30TB
- Maximum Throughput: 3Gb/s
- Expansion Capabilities: Daisy chain up to 3 enclosures to a single host connection
- Unified Mode: Direct connectivity to 15 disk drives and beyond
- Split-Mode/Dual-Host Access: Connectivity to drives 0 though 6 to one host; A separate connectivity to drives 7 through 14 to the second host
- Enclosure Management Modules (EMM): Dual (2) hot-pluggable management modules standard
- RAID Levels: PERC 5/E Supports RAID levels 0, 1, 5, 10, 50; PERC 6/E Supports RAID levels 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, 60; up to 30 physical disks per group; up to 256 virtual disks
Back-Panel Connectors (per EMM):
- Host Connectivity: One x4 3GB SAS (SFF 8470)
- Expansion Connectivity: One x4 3GB SAS (SFF 8470)
- Service Management: One 6-pin UART mini-DIN connector
- Power Supply: Dual (2) redundant power supplies standard